Skip to main content

This thought came from the majors at 18 thread. What MLBers have/had parents who posted on this site. I'll leave the player/poster connection to up to that person. I came up with ...

Nick Adenhart

Zack Duke

Ben Ford

Erik Taylor

Darren Mastriani

Any others?

** The dream is free. Work ethic sold separately. **

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think you should add current milb players. Some players here have had sons in MLB but now in affiliated ball (minors).  There are also those that have sons in independent ball as well.

Seeing Nicks name brings back sad memories. For those who do not know, Nick was killed in a car accident, along with friends, many years ago, after a  most successful outing, he was on his way to becoming a STAR!  The driver was a habitual alcoholic with a past record and driving with a suspended license, he is now in jail.

If you all want to know why I constantly remind you to sit back and enjoy the ride, its because of Nick.  I knew his dad, its just a heartbreaking story that young lives can be taken out in a minute.

Do not drink and drive and tell your children to do the same.

Some of the current players of folks here are:

Tyler Bortnick

Preston Claiborne (ML pitched for the Yankees not with another team)

Tyler Davis (yes JBB has 2 in proball)

Alex Burg

Chris Nelson

Chris Lambert (former ML pitcher) ?

Ben Revere (current ML team, Phillies)

I am not counting others who are not playing anymore.

Think of all the people that have passed through this site, think of the few who have or had players that made their dream come true.

So when you talk about percentages, its not usually in the players favor.

Last edited by TPM

Well, I think we ought to remember bbscout & Futurebackmom's sons. They're no longer playing, but Brett McMillan played 2 yrs in minors & is now a sportscaster/writer. AJ Shappi played 4 yrs minors for Diamondbacks.

I think there are a couple others...actually, quite a few!

This hasn't been updated since 2013, so lots of changes...

http://www.hsbaseballweb.com/where_are_they.htm

Last edited by baseballmom

Good thought s my friend. 

My post was on current pro players. Very few of our sons actually made it to MLB.

Past milb players of members son

David Kopp

Jason Armstrong

Quinton Miller

I believe Brett Cecil is a MLB pitcher that I left out.

There are others who post here whose sons are in the minors.

Best of luck to them all.

My favorite topic! 

I think the page Baseballmom refers to has not been since updated 2009. It was a helpful way to put screen names together with their sons. For a few years I was able to follow the draft through HSBBW and created the following lists.

2007 Draftees:

2008 Draftees:

2009 Draftees

The first name that I noticed absent in the earlier posts was OnePlayersPop's MLB All Star son Zach Duke. (edit...  Doh! Zach is in the opening post.) On my lists Nick Franklin, Dan Hudson, Allan Dykstra and Blake Beavan have also made it to the top. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

As for my son Tim Melville, he is at his second MLB spring training camp. Last year he had lots of fun, with the Tigers in Lakeland, FL.  In a couple of weeks, I will head out to Goodyear, AZ to see him at the Reds' MLB camp as he competes for one of the many vacancies in the rotation.

Last edited by TMM_Dad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.