Skip to main content

I would like to thank everyone who has provided me such invaluable information on this forum over the last couple of years. From Fenway to PGStaff and everyone in between. My son is a 2017 and is a 85 mph LHP. He has committed to a wonderful coaching staff at a mid-major D1 in the south. He plays on a very good travel ball team and it was from his appearance at the PG Underclass World in Ft. Myers in October he was recognized and offered. I want to thank everyone who has replied to my questions over the last couple of years. Thanks again!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Dirk:
Check your private message. Id rather not publically post. Though I dont think Ive said anything stupid on this forum, Id rather not post the school lest I embarrass my son or the school. I guess Im a little neurotic that way. lol 

congrats, great news, can you share the school?

I know the feeling!

Congrats!

Originally Posted by smokeminside:
Originally Posted by bacdorslider:

I have already blown it, saying stupid stuff on the board, oh well hoping for forgiveness

Congrats, Dirk!

Bacdor, i think we're all lined up at the confessional at one time or another.

ugh....don't know what you are talking about...learning how to be a good parent of a potential ball player is certainly a process! 

Thanks so much. It all worked out. We are very happy with his selection and great offer that he received. Like it's been said, its vitally important there is as much "love" from the school as there is to the school. The work definitely begins now! 

Congrats to the entire Dirk family!  Everybody should be very excited.

Congratulations to you and your player. That's gotta be a great feeling.

Without divulging too much personal info, would you care to share your experience, path to recruitment, setbacks, lessons learned, advice for anyone going through the process?

Travel teams, showcases? advisers?

My 2018 is just beginning this journey. I'd love to hear your players story.

Congratulations to you and your player. That's gotta be a great feeling.

Without divulging too much personal info, would you care to share your experience, path to recruitment, setbacks, lessons learned, advice for anyone going through the process?

Travel teams, showcases? advisers?

My 2018 is just beginning this journey. I'd love to hear your players story.

My son came up through USSSA baseball here in the south where it is more common than Little League Organization. He started competitive baseball when he was 10. He was never the star but he kept at it. Has played every year since. He joined a dominant high school team with a strong history in baseball. A large coaching staff that works every facet of the game including intensive conditioning that begins in the fall. They play together through July as a team in summer tournaments. He plays with a national competitive travel team in the fall that plays in Perfect Game tournaments where virtually all of the exposure comes from. Though many coaches in your surrounding high school area will come to know your son through his high school play, they will want to see him at the national tournaments compete because that is a good barometer on how we will fair for example in D1 baseball. Plus other coaches from other parts of the country will get to see him too. You need a good advocate for your son in your travel ball coach that is honest with you and your son and one that has a great reputation with scouts. If he lies just once about a prospect he will ruin any further prospects chances with those colleges. So that is vitally important. Most of all your son needs to absolutely love baseball. The demands of college baseball are so tough that unless your kid is absolutely in love with the game, it will be difficult to maintain the edge he needs to compete. Like one of his coaches told him, everybody at the D1 level is good. 

Best of luck, you can PM anytime for any additional help. Which by the way, I learned most of all of it right here from all these great dads who have come before me! 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.