Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yep, we have the armed service academies coming in.  Gonna have fighter jet fly overs and guys parachute into stadium.  Gonna be really cool to see.  Glad Coach Mainieri is giving love to the armed forces.  Those guys do so much in order for us to have the freedom we so often take for granted.  Good luck to all this weekend and I hope everyone has a healthy, productive season.

A young man I coached at our quaint little HS just last year already has a start on the bump scheduled this weekend against a top 5 ranked D1.  Very excited for him.  What a leap.

His school "received votes"  and he could end up squaring off later in the year in a start against another D1 pitcher from our HS at a college nearby that is ranked in some polls.   Our town has a population of 7K.  It could be a REALLY cool event and point of pride for our HS.  Hopin' for the stars to align...

Last edited by cabbagedad

Tonight's starter for my son's team and my son (tomorrow afternoon starter) went to HS's 20 miles apart in the same league.  Crazy that in their 8 years of combined HS baseball, neither of them ever beat a powerhouse in our league who had a 75+ game league winning streak during that time..... but this weekend, they both get a shot at the defending SEC champs.  Funny how things work out....lol.  6000+ attendance is going to be a little different than anyplace either one of them has thrown before

tres_arboles posted:

Running up to Bellingham, Washington today and checking in on both sets of my son's grandparents. I'm hoping my dad has a new computer monitor so we can stream his grandson's team opener at Santa Clara. Weather's iffy; after ten years of drought, they've been getting a lot of r... Nope, not gonna say it!  

They definitely did not get that in.  I'm wondering if a single game of baseball was played across the entire state of CA today.  Maybe in the south along the AZ border?

First I got to meet my first HSBBWer yesterday. Shoveit4ks. Great guy. Looking forward to seeing him again today. 

Second. Wow his son is good. Closer. 2IP. Off speed was nasty and topped out at 96. Just wow

Third. Hopefully today my son gets in from the pen. I think he will but we will see. Was supposed to be closer Friday but pitcher in 8th was throwing lights out and coach rightfully so left him in to register save v Clemson. Son started getting loose yesterday but game got away from us and we definitely struggled to hit the pitchers so coach went with 3 guys for their first college experience on the mound. 

Looking forward to a beautiful day in Clemson South Carolina watching quality baseball. Not looking forward to the 8 hour drive right after. Lol

Fantastic day for baseball yesterday and the Raiders came to play! Unfortunately for us, we dropped the series to them this past weekend but i got to meet ChefMike7777 (2nd HSBBWer) and his son , Jeremy (who came in and threw / looked good- continued to health and success to him) and watched two good teams battle it out. 

All the best to Wright State vs the Chickens next weekend!!! Safe travels to all the HSBBWers as you travel to catch games! 

Last edited by Shoveit4Ks
Shoveit4Ks posted:

All the best to Wright State vs the Chickens next weekend!!! Safe travels to all the HSBBWers as you travel to catch games! 

How about Gamecock pitchers giving up 1 hit on Sunday and losing the game 1-0 on a walk/stolen base/passed ball/RBI ground out? Or the entire staff giving up 10 hits and  1 earned run all weekend (while striking out 27) to the team that led the nation in batting average last year?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.