Skip to main content

Wasn't sure quite where to place this thread so I decided to just toss it here in the General Items Forum. I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience playing with a Nokona baseball glove, and in particular their outfield models. In general, what leather do you think is their best? Also, wanted to just throw an open forum out here for comments on what was the best glove you've ever used, your "holy grail" of gloves, what glove you are most excited for in 2k15, etc...

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My kid loves his Rawlings HOH IF glove and he also likes his A2000 OF glove.  The HOH is only about a year old and it's developing a tear in the pocket so I'll need to shell out some money very soon.  I guess either he plays a whole lot or that leather is too soft to begin with.

Just have to find a time when we have reason to be near San Leandro and go to West Coast.

(Nor Cal  peeps will know what I'm talking about.  West Coast is an amazing baseball warehouse store that undercuts any price you can find online by at least 20%.  But no website, and it can take forever to pay up and get out of there.  Also the best place around to get your team unis printed.)

My 2 oldest sons have custom ordered 44 gloves.  They seem nice so far, the only issue with one of them is the lacing, which is baby blue, faded out very quickly.  After talking to their customer service, seems maybe they ran into a dye problem.  But, they are asking for the glove back and will be replacing anything of that color on the glove.  The glove itself seems very durable and high quality, so far so good.  

I can say that I do like the feel of the glove, is is a little heavier, but very stiff and needs to be broken in, but I like this because you can form it to your preference.  It also seems durable.  I like the customization factor, righthook customized his with the mesh digital backing, witch did cut the weight a little.  So, as of now I really can't say anything bad about them.  I know they rely heavily on word of mouth advertising, and they are willing to correct an issue immediately, so props on customer service so far.  It takes about 5 weeks for a custom ordered glove.  I was due for a new glove a cpl of weeks ago and considered ordering one as an early x-mas gift to myself, until I found an early model A2000 in a box full of old gloves that were donated to my school for PE by a church.  It was barely used and needs breaking in......and before anyone busts my chops, I donated one of my lefty zcat A2000's as a swap....lol 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.