Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

He's a tremendous athlete.  I'm looking forward to see what kind of baseball skills he has. 

He is a likeable guy who you really don't have to worry about making poor decisions off the field.  He gives us all enough religion in his speeches that we (collectively as a nation) don't have to go to Sunday school.  I like the guy and I hope he does well.  JMO.

This may be an interesting thread.

My view -- respect for the effort, and apparent love for the game ...

But no chance as an OF/Hitter after 10 years out of the game and nothing past high school.  It's good he made some $ in football and broadcasting, gives him a chance to pursue something many good athletes in mid/late 20's would like to try.  But most have to go find real work by then with steady pay.

I do think some Minor League team signs him as a promotion to draw interest and fans.  And maybe a reality TV show.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/...s-los-angeles-angels

https://www.facebook.com/kenro...sts/1093299124069151

It's not like he's never played before... I thought when he first committed to UF, he could be a 2-sport player... He might have been one of the best baseball players on campus all 4-years he was there -  definitely is an ELITE athlete... It will be interesting to see how fast game skills come back to him (if at all?) to see where he's at...

As a person, I really like and respect Tebow from what I know about him from a very long distance.  I just can't see how this can end well.  It is very hard for me to believe that anyone could take 11 years away from the game of baseball and step back in and be succussful.  Possibly if he was a LHP that could throw low to mid 90's, but as a hitter, I doubt it.  I know the guy is tremendously athletic.  I could see him having success in basketball or some other sport that require mainly athleticism, but a sport like baseball that is a trained skill over thousand and thousands of reps, I really don't believe he stands a chance.  I'm all for him going for it and have nothing against him trying.  I just hate to see him give all the naysayers out there more ammo to pile on him about.  The guy is obviously a high moral and character person and one most dad's would love to see their daughter bring home, but that isn't gonna help him one bit in batting practice.  It will be interesting to follow.

Last edited by younggun

Frankly, I'm not sure his past history in baseball is even relevant anymore.  As some have pointed out, he has not played in close to 10 years.  More importantly, his body has changed a LOT since he was 18.  Over the years he has bulked himself up into a fullback/tight-end style body.  Certainly not a pitcher's body.  Probably one of the reasons he never was a particularly accurate passer.  There is tons of info on the web regarding his workouts.   For the most part, they are not baseball workouts.   To go back to baseball now will require him to totally change his mentality.   I don't see that happening.  If he's so desperate to play professional sports, he'd have a better shot at making the NFL as a fullback or tight end.  But, he's too proud/delusional to do that.  Now baseball's his plan B?   I don't see it.  Time to move on.  No one plays any sport forever.  Our kids moved on.  Time for him to do the same.   

He knows the odds are stacked against him.

He's going for it anyway. Maybe he enjoys the experience of pursuing apparently unreachable goals. Maybe his desire to succeed is so intense that the odds don't matter. Maybe he knows himself well enough that he won't respect himself fully if he quits before a goal is proven to be truly impossible. Maybe he senses an obligation to find the best expression of his abilities. Maybe he just thinks it would be a blast to try.

Whatever his motivation, it matters more to him than his fear of public failure or the likelihood that millions of people with a fraction of his talent and character will mock him if he fails.

I respect that.

I don't see an article link to the original post so ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com...omeback-in-baseball/

The word "had" comes up frequently when describing his skills. He's inviting MLB teams to a workout. He shou,d be personally begging any to show. If he's signed by a MLB organization check to see if their short season team has low attendance. Otherwise, I expect him to be advised to sign with an Indy team. A team in the Bible Belt with poor attendance would do well to sign him.

I can only assume someone is paying him to see this happen, maybe to turn it into something like a reality show.

I guess it'll sell some tickets on some Rookie League team.  If everything went unbelievably well, after 5 years in the minors he might make it to MLB -- at the age of 33-34.  Good luck with that.

If he's serious about playing a big time sport, he should suit up as a tight end and head to an NFL camp.  But he has already let this year pass him by on that score, so I take it this is either an attempt to stay viable as a TV personality (kind of like how Sarah Palin has to say something once in a while to keep getting paid to show up at various places), or an indication that he's not in touch with reality.

Julian Edelmann, Patriots WR recently worked out with the Red Sox. He drove the ball well. He hit several into the screen. He showed great hands and arm at short. All he proved is he's an excellent athlete who used to play baseball. It doesn't mean he can play MLB. At least not now starting in his late twenties. I see Tebow the same way. Tebow is either bored or working an angle.

Last edited by RJM

The doubting Thomas's are queuing up on this one.  Everybody's got an angle on this or that, and conspiracies are running rampant.  Remember, Tebow is a very different athlete than anybody else.  Anybody remember Bo Jackson?  I'm not saying he is is the next Bo Jackson, but Bo surprised a few baseball people along the way.   Before you bury Tebow, let's see what baseball skills he can bring to the table.   He may surprise a few of us.

I can assure everyone that this is not a publicity stunt.  There are former MLB players that think he has a good chance of making it to the Big Leagues.  We have been contacted and are planning to see what he has.

As difficult as it may seem, almost impossible, Tebow is a very rare athlete and person.  What a great story if this really happens.  It would be outstanding for the game of baseball in so many ways.

fenwaysouth posted:

The doubting Thomas's are queuing up on this one.  Everybody's got an angle on this or that, and conspiracies are running rampant.  Remember, Tebow is a very different athlete than anybody else.  Anybody remember Bo Jackson?  I'm not saying he is is the next Bo Jackson, but Bo surprised a few baseball people along the way.   Before you bury Tebow, let's see what baseball skills he can bring to the table.   He may surprise a few of us.

You have a good point, but I also agree, let's not compare Tebow to Bo Jackson!  That's blasphemy.  Michael Jordan couldn't do it, and I wouldn't compare Tim Tebow in any way shape or form to him.  Just don't think it'll happen.  There have been many instances where players have done football to baseball, or baseball to football, and not many have been successful.  Most of the football to baseball guys didn't make it out of A Ball.  I just think it is going to be too difficult. 

This is not a slight on Tebow, but each year we see lots of great players not make it.  I know a lot of people would love to see it happen, but minus a miracle, it's not...

Texas1836 posted:

Right or wrong, he believes he can make it to the Big Leagues.  Athletes believe that they will succeed, otherwise, they would not have had the success that they had, whatever it was.

You're right - it's an essential part of the successful athlete's makeup, at any level. I was talking to my son the other day about his HS team's chances next spring.  As defending league champ they lost 7 starters to graduation, while the #2 team returns 6 starters, including 4 D1 commits.   My son is pretty darn confident they'll win nonetheless. 

(that said, I'm predicting a roster spot on the Sugarland Skeeters for Mr. Tebow.)

Last edited by JCG

I don't think an organization will sign him for attendance as I believe gate and concession money goes to the individual minor league team, not the parent organization. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. This, however, would be a great incentive for a independent team to sign him since the money from increased attendance would go straight to the decision makers.

The swings I saw on twitter don't translate to the higher levels of pro ball in my opinion. He turns like a mad man and is clearly an elite athlete but I don't think the swing plays against high level pitching.

Last edited by Chris Dunn
rynoattack posted:
fenwaysouth posted:

You have a good point, but I also agree, let's not compare Tebow to Bo Jackson!  That's blasphemy.  Michael Jordan couldn't do it, and I wouldn't compare Tim Tebow in any way shape or form to him.  Just don't think it'll happen.  There have been many instances where players have done football to baseball, or baseball to football, and not many have been successful.  Most of the football to baseball guys didn't make it out of A Ball.  I just think it is going to be too difficult. 

This is not a slight on Tebow, but each year we see lots of great players not make it.  I know a lot of people would love to see it happen, but minus a miracle, it's not...

Bo played SEC baseball and was very good.  Tebow did not.  Bo's game took the leap when he committed to it.  He certainly had the talent to be a HOF football player since he put HOF Marcus Allen on the bench.  He might have pushed it in baseball since he was on track to hit 400 to 500 homers pre steroids.  If he got to 500 he would have been a lock.  

IMO Bo was the greatest athlete that has ever lived and Tebow is not in his class and it isn't even close.  Tebow is athletic enough to try baseball - but having the skills after laying off the game for this length of time is unlikely.

PGStaff posted:

I can assure everyone that this is not a publicity stunt.  There are former MLB players that think he has a good chance of making it to the Big Leagues.  We have been contacted and are planning to see what he has.

As difficult as it may seem, almost impossible, Tebow is a very rare athlete and person.  What a great story if this really happens.  It would be outstanding for the game of baseball in so many ways.

2 comments would be

1. I don't know which professional players believe he has a chance but their are many ex players who live in an odd world where reality is not part of it. Some of them are also very observant and opinions should be valued...but not just because they have the resume of ex MLB. At a minimum I think you would need to define what a "good chance" is to have a meaningful conversation on it.

2. At least there will be very little projectable knowledge that needs to be accessed when you see him. He is what he is for size, arm strength, speed and so on. How much rust he is carrying will be a little tougher to determine. one comment I read online below, I can't believe 12 years of not playing baseball would have helped the bolded questions concerning him.

"He could have been a good prospect if he had played more," a scout who saw Tebow play in high school told MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo. "He was super strong with power, though he was a bit stiff."

PGStaff posted:

I'm not anti-Tebow and, apparently, there are a lot of folks who know a whole lot more than I do that think he has a good chance.  I acknowledge that he is a very rare athlete.  

Here's my glaring doubt though - OF's have to hit (and they have to do it consistently against the best pitchers in the world).  He has never hit against high level pitching.  He will need a whole lot of AB's against progressively better pitching to catch up from where he left off (HS junior).  So, IMO, even taking "ultra-athletic" and "extremely gifted" into account, he will need time.  He's 28.  By the time that happens, he will be 30+ and beginning the phase of physical decline.   Just not enough time.

It would be fun to be proven wrong.

Last edited by cabbagedad
Buckeye 2015 posted:

Saw yesterday that Gary Sheffield believes he can be an MLB batter.  Sheffield's got a better idea than I (or any of us here) about what it takes to play in the MLB.....so at this point, I'm gonna go with his opinion   

While his opinion may be better then mine or yours I don't necessarily agree that his is good or accurate. I saw the same interview you are referencing.

Buckeye 2015 posted:

Saw yesterday that Gary Sheffield believes he can be an MLB batter.  Sheffield's got a better idea than I (or any of us here) about what it takes to play in the MLB.....so at this point, I'm gonna go with his opinion   

I LOVE Gary Sheffield myself, but there are PLENTY of Major League scouts that think he doesn't have a chance.  We'll have to see where this all ends up, but just because Gary Sheffield thinks it is a possibility, doesn't make it so.  I saw where Sheffield is now a Sports Agent?  He is probably getting paid for his opinion.

I really like Tim Tebow. It would be an amazing story if he could do it. But this is what I am seeing. 28 years old and hasn't played in almost a decade. The highest level of pitching he has ever faced almost a decade ago is HS pitching. Now he is going to have success against pitching much better than he has ever seen almost a decade removed from the game? And if he has enough success to get a shot he is going to progress rapidly enough in the game to out run father time as his physically faculties start to decline like everyone who has ever played does.

He is going to do this because he is so dadgum determined. He is going to do this because he is an elite athlete. He is going to do this because he is Tim Tebow. And because some guys have seen him swing it in a cage and he looked great. Look I think it would be awesome if he lit it up and was a phenom and made it to the show. But if I am going to look at this realistically I say no way. He is not the only ridiculously determined elite athlete that couldn't make it. And he won't be the last. He is one of the few that started at 28 years old.

Just my opinion. I will be happy to be proven wrong.

The proponents/believers do have me thinking.  It would be a GREAT storyline for baseball if he got far enough in someone's system to see if he could really do it.  Could you imagine his MLB debut?

I have always disliked the guy.  Not because he is a Christian or expresses his faith publicly -- I keep that stuff out of it and like others, I get that on Sunday mornings. I do respect him personally.

My teams were just always on the opposite side of his during his college glory days, and he repeatedly whipped our butts, and he sure as hell enjoyed it while he was doing it!  Not more complicated than that, he's one of those guys in sports.

BUT, if he made it to MLB, or even high MiLB?  Darn right I would be watching every AB I could!  It would be one heckuva story and you would have to watch!

I'm not a Tebow fan. But, I can respect a guy who sets a goal and goes after it. Who knows if he'll make it or not. All we can do is speculate (some people's speculation is better than others). My biggest question, besides his hitting, is his speed. As an outfield "prospect", I imagine he needs some pretty impressive speed. As I said, not a fan, so I've never followed his career and I have no idea what his speed looks like. Anybody have insight on that?

Stafford posted:

Thoughts?

My thoughts....I'm feeling sorry for whoever was suppose to have that spot in MLB.  Tebow hasn't played a baseball game in 10 years and yet he's going to fly through the system because of the wow factor.

I'm not saying he isn't a great athlete, he very much is.  What I'm saying is there are better baseball players than Tebow and one of them may miss their shot at MLB because Tebow beat them on name recognition, rather than talent.

It's "Unfair" that Tebow got a big athletic body by birth.  It's "unfair" that he got a drive to win that others don't have by accident of birth.  It's "unfair" that Tebow got to play at Florida and have a great career.  It's "unfair" that he gets to be on television.  It's "unfair" that everyone knows his name.  It's "unfair" that he gets opportunities that others don't because of it.  It's "unfair" that he can make a club money and be a draw to games because of all the aforementioned "unfair" advantages he has.

It's "unfair" that Trout and Harper have great baseball skills by birth.  It's "unfair" that they have big athletic bodies to complement their skills. It's "unfair" that they also had strong work ethics.  It's "unfair" that they get paid millions for these God given talents.  It's "unfair" that these God given talents are keeping other good players out of the MLB.  

It's "unfair" that Nolan Ryan had an inborn knowledge of how to throw a ball very hard, and the size to go with it.  It's "unfair' that he never won a Cy Young.

It's "unfair" that Derek Jeter was a very good baseball player and was good looking too and dated some incredible women.  It's unfair that a lot of good short stops got drafted to the Yankees but never got a chance, because Jeter had a choke hold on the position.

We've become such and "unfair", "I'm a victim" society.

Don't teach this stuff to your kids.

Teaching Elder posted:

Reading comp is not your strong suit is it.  Go back and read a little.

I just did a control F search on all of page 1 and 2 and the first time the word unfair was used was by you. 

Obviously you feel the situation of Trout and Harper having good bodies is unfair and you have a serious disagreement with Derek Jeter's girlfriends and position.  Take a deep breath and remember:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me"

-Church Lady circa 1990

CaCO3Girl posted:
Stafford posted:

Thoughts?

My thoughts....I'm feeling sorry for whoever was suppose to have that spot in MLB.  Tebow hasn't played a baseball game in 10 years and yet he's going to fly through the system because of the wow factor.

I'm not saying he isn't a great athlete, he very much is.  What I'm saying is there are better baseball players than Tebow and one of them may miss their shot at MLB because Tebow beat them on name recognition, rather than talent.

MTH posted:

NOT ONE of the prior posts said anything was "unfair", or begrudged Tebow any of his accomplishments.   Take your political BS to some whackadoodle political message board.  

Uh.....the word unfair isn't in the above post....but that certainly seems to be the insinuation

Teaching Elder posted:

It's "Unfair" that Tebow got a big athletic body by birth.  It's "unfair" that he got a drive to win that others don't have by accident of birth.  It's "unfair" that Tebow got to play at Florida and have a great career.  It's "unfair" that he gets to be on television.  It's "unfair" that everyone knows his name.  It's "unfair" that he gets opportunities that others don't because of it.  It's "unfair" that he can make a club money and be a draw to games because of all the aforementioned "unfair" advantages he has.

It's "unfair" that Trout and Harper have great baseball skills by birth.  It's "unfair" that they have big athletic bodies to complement their skills. It's "unfair" that they also had strong work ethics.  It's "unfair" that they get paid millions for these God given talents.  It's "unfair" that these God given talents are keeping other good players out of the MLB.  

It's "unfair" that Nolan Ryan had an inborn knowledge of how to throw a ball very hard, and the size to go with it.  It's "unfair' that he never won a Cy Young.

It's "unfair" that Derek Jeter was a very good baseball player and was good looking too and dated some incredible women.  It's unfair that a lot of good short stops got drafted to the Yankees but never got a chance, because Jeter had a choke hold on the position.

We've become such and "unfair", "I'm a victim" society.

Don't teach this stuff to your kids.

Yo Teach, you having a bad day?

Smile it is only small argument on a fairly insignificant topic that most likely will not ever materialize into anything!!

That was not the Church Lady.  That was Stuart Smalley.  But I get the picture.  You're trying to take an oblique shot at my profession.

"Unfair" was insinuated throughout your post.  It's that same thing that was said when Michael Jordan played.  Same thing when Jim Morris went back.   Way too easily thrown around.  Cliched argument that is easily debunked.

Teaching Elder posted:

That was not the Church Lady.  That was Stuart Smalley.  But I get the picture.  You're trying to take an oblique shot at my profession.

"Unfair" was insinuated throughout your post.  It's that same thing that was said when Michael Jordan played.  Same thing when Jim Morris went back.   Way too easily thrown around.  Cliched argument that is easily debunked.

I don't know what your profession is, but I will admit I get my SNL skits mixed up.

Feeling sorry for someone does not mean it is automatically an "unfair" situation.

If a man gambles away everything, looses his job and family due to his addiction, and is on the streets I can feel sorry that he wound up there, but I don't think it was unfair that he did.

Tim Tebow will not cost anyone a shot at big league baseball.  If he gets on a roster, they won't be sitting some guy hitting .300 and driving in a lot of runs just so he can take their spot.  The guy who will sit will be the same guy who always sits - the one struggling to stay above the Mendoza line and not producing at the level he's playing at. 

Side-show Tim will make it to the Ray's 40 man roster 'til the end of the year. What did they have, like 12K in the stands at their last home game? He will put butts in the seats for a month or 2 and that will be it. Next year he'll be doing the ESPN gig and eventually will be elected as a senator or congressman for FL.

This story is so predictable.....lol 

Bolts-Coach-PR posted:

His swing is a lot better than I thought it would be...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=espn:17256919

Sheffield: Tebow can be in Majors in two years
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=espn:17255355

swing is much better then I would have guessed but it is still a cage and BP...

Sheffield IMO doesn't do much to sway an argument in this interview. He probably wouldn't be real high on my list of guys I would be going to discuss hitting with.

I'm sure scouts/teams are always intrigued when a guy with Tebow's athletic prowess and character wants to give it a go on the diamond. I've got no problem with him trying out or even announcing that he wants to give it go. He'll have to compete just like the others who have been honing their craft without interruption for the past 15-20 years. The odds are clearly stacked against him

old_school posted:
Bolts-Coach-PR posted:

Sheffield IMO doesn't do much to sway an argument in this interview. He probably wouldn't be real high on my list of guys I would be going to discuss hitting with.

Why not?  Sheffield was a great hitter!  Probably the quickest bat I've seen, and he worked VERY hard at his craft.  He's probably forgot more about hitting than anyone on these boards...

ClevelandDad posted:

Tim Tebow will not cost anyone a shot at big league baseball.  If he gets on a roster, they won't be sitting some guy hitting .300 and driving in a lot of runs just so he can take their spot.  The guy who will sit will be the same guy who always sits - the one struggling to stay above the Mendoza line and not producing at the level he's playing at. 

100% correct.

rynoattack posted:
old_school posted:
Bolts-Coach-PR posted:

Why not?  Sheffield was a great hitter!  Probably the quickest bat I've seen, and he worked VERY hard at his craft.  He's probably forgot more about hitting than anyone on these boards...

he was a great hitter and may have had the quickest bat I have ever seen as well. None of that has any influence on if he knows how to discuss hitting, understands how to teach concepts in a meaningful way and is able to produce a swing that works for another person. nor does it indicate he any idea that he would have a some kind of above average opinion on Tebows ability.

PG staff would certainly better equipped for that conversation, as would most any good college baseball coach or even many instructors from travel programs....

The most oversold and worthless tag line in baseball is when programs advertise lessons with ex-player IMO

The deep down burning desire to compete is something that's hard to explain. My silly wore out A$$ drove all over the country to play ball, up into my 40s. I can't imagine being one of the best athletes in the world and not playing, and pushing and fighting every weekend.

Hitting a baseball is very very hard, even for gifted athletes. I believe I already know what will be the outcome of this attempt to keep on playing pro sports. But I totally understand why he is doing it. 

As soon as my Advil kicks in I am gonna throw BP to some HS kids today....that's how I compete!

My kid watched the video and says that he thinks Tebow's hand path  is okay but that overall he looks out of sequence, like a natural righty trying to learn how to swing lefty.

Just saw that an MLB guy who I'll be watching play tomorrow night does not seem to be a big fan.

Andrew Jones on Twitter:

rynoattack posted:
old_school posted:
Bolts-Coach-PR posted:

this link posted earlier by JCG sums up what I was attempting to say...I saw none of this type of thought from Sheffield. great hitters don't necessarily know a damn thing about hitting mechanics or teaching.

https://thehittingvault.com/20...ow-have-a-mlb-swing/

Go Tebow!  Good for him. Not a single one of us know for sure if he can make it. And odds are stacked against every (well almost) player who signs a minor league contract.  But they keep signing and pursuing their dreams. Shall we criticize all of them?  He has the money so isn't hurting anyone financially by making a move like this. I can see no down side to him giving it a shot. I wish him the best and hope he makes it!  There are so many horrific back up and third string qb's in the nfl. I truly believe he is out of work because of his strong religious beliefs. What a sad world we live in. 

2forU posted:

Tebow got a ton of bad press due to his showing his religious beliefs.  Believe it or not, he still does.  Lots of conspiracy theories about being blackballed or just not good enough.  He did not do drugs, steroids, or drink - did not fit in with the NFL.  

So you are saying that NFL owners prefer employees who do drugs?

I don't think so.

JCG posted:
2forU posted:

Tebow got a ton of bad press due to his showing his religious beliefs.  Believe it or not, he still does.  Lots of conspiracy theories about being blackballed or just not good enough.  He did not do drugs, steroids, or drink - did not fit in with the NFL.  

So you are saying that NFL owners prefer employees who do drugs?

I don't think so.

You might want to re-read 2forU's response, because that's not what he said.

NFL owners want it all to fly under the radar just like baseball and every other sport.  The do not prefer, just expect players do whatever they have to do - with a blind eye. They have to take the high road, they are owners.  Now you can also see why they would not want anyone who seemed to openly push religious beliefs / agenda on anyone - true or not, they don't want the perceived problem.

No one picked up Ray Rice after the domestic assault incident.  Great running back, had life left in him, very bad mistake, no one wants to deal with the backlash of picking him up.  Everyone knew what happened, but he did not get dropped until the video proved it to the owners.  Dropped him like the Cowboys drop touchdown passes.

2forU posted:

NFL owners want it all to fly under the radar just like baseball and every other sport.  The do not prefer, just expect players do whatever they have to do - with a blind eye. They have to take the high road, they are owners.  Now you can also see why they would not want anyone who seemed to openly push religious beliefs / agenda on anyone - true or not, they don't want the perceived problem.

Swampboy will shut this down pretty soon if it goes much further, so I'll just say that that vocal Christians hold prominent positions in every field of endeavour in this country, from government, to education, to medicine, and to sports.  There is no heathen conspiracy to exclude them. On the contrary. If you want to be a member of an ostracized minority, try being an Atheist.  Or a Muslim.

SultanofSwat posted:

Love the guy. Hate the swing  Based on the one video clip that's being shown, Tebow's swing is terrible.  It's bad for a high school swing.  Sorry folks, it's not going to work.  Whoever he paid to help him should be sued for malpractice.

If he has terrific speed, he may be able to beat out all the ground balls he's going to hit.

Agreed......he may be able to hit a fastball....but he'll never touch a curve.  My son's friend had that exact same swing thru HS....all the power in the world on a FB...but a curve....forget it.  He's a PO in college now, even though he was one of the most powerful hitters I ever saw.  It was natural....nobody could fix it.  If someone has been with Tebow for a year and he's still swinging like that, I really don't like his chances.

We could close this thread now if people like.  Please, no more religious or political comments because it always leads to a degeneration of a thread like this.  Please direct your comments toward the topic - whether or not Tebow is qualified and has a legitimate shot. 

Thanks - your friendly, highly paid (0$/hour), hsbbweb moderator

Matt13 posted:
2020dad posted:

G There are so many horrific back up and third string qb's in the nfl. I truly believe he is out of work because of his strong religious beliefs. What a sad world we live in. 

No, he's out of work because he's no good as an NFL quarterback, not because of some made-up Christian persecution. 

NFL teams will sign players with criminal records if it helps them win. In other words they will sign anyone who helps them win. It seems all those players on a knee, handing hands praying together on the did try hard line after games are religious. And they're signed. 

Here's my specific response to Tebow not being signed due to religious persecution ... Aaron Rogers. Rogers is very religious. He wears it on his sleeve. He's always willing to talk about his religion. The difference is he's a stud QB.

ClevelandDad posted:

We could close this thread now if people like.  Please, no more religious or political comments because it always leads to a degeneration of a thread like this.  Please direct your comments toward the topic - whether or not Tebow is qualified and has a legitimate shot. 

Thanks - your friendly, highly paid (0$/hour), hsbbweb moderator

Good point, I'll delete my last comment about theories!  Go Tebow - make it or not.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.