Thomas Nelson Community College Baseball

April 3, 2011 9:10 PM

Attention Members, Users, Readers, Fans, College Prospects:

This week Thomas Nelson Community plays four home games (2 DH) against Southside Community College (Tuesday 1 and 3) as well as Apprentice School (Thursday 2 and 4). The Gators on the season are 8-9 but are playing better of late recently on a seven game win streak.

To all College Prospects come on and check us out and what we are about. We are a member of the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) but will be moving to the NJCAA next year and are looking to grow our program into a local power house and ultimately put players in a position to get the needed experience to make it to the next level.

The team consists of players from all over the Tidewater area including Cape Henry, Landstown, Bayside, Grassfield, Hickory, Toano, Bethel, and York. For more information check out our website http://www.hometeamsonline.com...ICS-5&s=baseball&t=c

View Printer Friendly Format
100+ posts

April 4, 2011 7:33 AM

I see three players from Grassfield but no one from Hickory after visiting your website. Am I missing something?

Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format

April 4, 2011 9:56 AM

My apologies mathews41. It should have read just Grassfield. We have a player who went to Hickory before being rezoned to Grassfield.

Like Like (0 likes)
5,000+ posts

April 4, 2011 10:31 AM

The spread of JuCo ball through our community colleges is one of the great unsung stories that our HS kids need to know about. We've been woefully short of JuCo opportunities in the past, so it's great to see you doing well.

Like Like (0 likes)
100+ posts

April 4, 2011 10:34 AM

Always nice to see another opportunity for kids to play past HS. Is Alan Ellegde still the head coach?

Last edited by birddog April 4, 2011 10:34 AM

Like Like (0 likes)
100+ posts

April 4, 2011 10:53 AM

For all of the mothers of high school players, I heard the coach for that team is a real stud....just sayin..

Any draftable guys over there????? In other words how is my friend doing?

Lynn Metheny

Like Like (0 likes)

April 4, 2011 9:05 PM

Yes, Allen Elledge or "Hurricane" as he is commonly reffered to as, is still the coach of the Gators. There is only one legitimate draft prospect at Thomas Nelson, a local guy, Cody Cox. There are several other college prospects on the team that are ready for the next level. Coach Elledge has done a good job developing the prgoram and is ready for the next step as the Gators step into NJCAA next season.

Like Like (0 likes)

April 5, 2011 11:09 AM

Todays contests between Thomas Nelson and Southside Community have been washed out. No makeup date has been announced. The Gators next games are on Thursday vs. Apprentice @ War Memorial Stadium at 4 and 7 PM.

Like Like (0 likes)

April 7, 2011 9:15 AM

Come on out tonight and check out what Thomas Nelson Baseball is all about as the Gators are set to take on the Builders from the Apprentice School. Game time is at 6 PM at War Memorial Stadium in Hampton, VA. Admission is free and there will be a concession stand available.

Like Like (0 likes)