Skip to main content

hshuler posted:

What's up, brball?

There is a wealth of information here so enjoy!

Just trying to balance work with a 16U summer ball schedule (playing up this year)... really hard when he isn't driving yet!

And yes, the information here is overwhelming compared to our little travel site. So glad I found this one as son is a rising Junior 

So if Florida wins - they will become the 5th school to have won a National Championship in Football, Basketball and Baseball. (not saying they will, just say'in)

The others are Cal, Stanford, UCLA (Pac12) and Michigan, Ohio State (Big 10)

Who has the best athletic conference(s) in the country? 

Hoping for an LSU win tonight so I can listen/watch another scintillating performance by the broadcast crew and umpires....

In all seriousness there is nothing better than college baseball IMO.   

younggun posted:

Here is an article from the game last night.  I hope the gentleman is doing well.  Dr Poche is the dad of Jared Poche who will be the game 2 starter tonight.

http://www.theadvocate.com/bat...6c-978c2c5237f7.html

Thank you for sharing that story.

You should be very proud of your sons efforts last night, regardless of the outcome.  Not everyone gets to see their son pitch in Omaha!

TPM posted:
younggun posted:

Here is an article from the game last night.  I hope the gentleman is doing well.  Dr Poche is the dad of Jared Poche who will be the game 2 starter tonight.

http://www.theadvocate.com/bat...6c-978c2c5237f7.html

Thank you for sharing that story.

You should be very proud of your sons efforts last night, regardless of the outcome.  Not everyone gets to see their son pitch in Omaha!

+1 

He did very well! 

Thank you to both of you. Yes I am a very proud dad. We didn't get the W last night, but we get another chance tonight. It was a very well played game. I think I aged a couple of years through those 3.1 innings. But hey, this is what he signed up for. It was his longest outing of the year. He threw strikes. Made 2 mistakes leaving pitches over the plate and good hitters took advantage. 

younggun posted:

Thank you to both of you. Yes I am a very proud dad. We didn't get the W last night, but we get another chance tonight. It was a very well played game. I think I aged a couple of years through those 3.1 innings. But hey, this is what he signed up for. It was his longest outing of the year. He threw strikes. Made 2 mistakes leaving pitches over the plate and good hitters took advantage. 

Being the parent of a pitcher is a tough job!!!!!

Guys let me just say this was an amazing experience. Words truly don't convey my feelings. It feels like a punch in the gut right now. We made some bone headed mistakes, but I don't want to take anything away from Florida. Trust me, as a lifelong fan and UGA grad, that almost tasted like $&&& to say. But it's the truth. They were the better team this time. We made mistakes but they capitalized on them and made their good fortune. I've yet to see my son. I'm sure he is upset, but we have 2-3 more years to try and make it back. Hopefully this will smolder in his and the rest of the young guys guts and make them work even harder starting in August. Thanks to all you guys who have wished me good luck and offered encouragement over the last couple of years. 

Now we enter the dreaded down phase. No college baseball. Of course there is MLB to watch. But I just enjoy college sports much more than professional. Of course CFB is right around the corner and can't get here quick enough for me. Congrats to Sully and the Gators. He has had other teams imo that were more talented. But this team simply went out and got the job done.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.