Skip to main content

Thanks coach.  I'm feeling like it's going to be a long 8 months or so until next season starts.  Always tough to end the season on a loss, but this team accomplished much more than anyone expected.  And you're right, with losing just one senior, I'm hoping for good things next season.  

Yes, I'm proud of Sean.  Had a good season.  Apparently, the head coach told him privately that he was starting that game.  Didn't even tell the assistants.  Sean and another player were walking to the bus with one of the assistants who asked him if he knew who was starting.  Sean told him he was.  The coach got all excited and asked if he was ready.  Sean told him "I've been waiting for this all year coach".  So good to see him have a good game.  

Good luck to anyone out there who is still playing.  

Originally Posted by lefty/catch:
Originally Posted by bballman:
Unbelievable!!  Can't say much else.

Just wanted to say what a fantastic job Sean did Saturday...I know you guys were very happy. 

Thanks lefty.  Yes, happy and glad we didn't have to age another 10 years during the game!!    It's fun to watch when they do good.

Congrats to the teams still playing.  My sons D2 team lost in the regionals, great experience for him and the team. 

Seton Hill advance from the Atlantic regional, they won their 1st game and play a second game later today. My son came in to pitch the 9th inning of that game and got to face an old HS / summer ball teammate and one of his best friends.  The old teammate got the win but my son got him to chase a fastball on a 3-2 count.  There was a lot a good natured ribbing by both after the game.  Seton Hill has beaten two all American pitchers between the regionals and the 1st WS game.  They are pretty solid.

Tampa has had an unbelievable year, I was surprised that they didn’t get more post season recognitions.  How can you only lose 2 games and not have a 1st team  all-American or player of the  year? That says a lot for their team.   It will be interesting to see if they can come back through the loser’s bracket and pull out the championship.

Here is a link to the game telecast, coverage has been great so far, I am very impressed with multiple camera, replay, etc. Game times have been moved up today because of the threat of bad weather.

http://www.ncaa.com/championsh...player?gameId=477111

Tyler Davis: complete game 4 hitter, while striking out 8 for UW against Georgia Tech in the Oxford Regional.  Along the way, he was 84-86mph with a brilliant change and amazing command...80% first pitch strikes and most down using both sides of the plate.  AWESOME pitcher and an even better young man.  As tough as anyone on the mound with a heart and tenacity second to none. Tyler and Thomas Eshelmen silence all the noise that RHP's cannot excel in D1 baseball with velocities at 86mph.

Originally Posted by BOF:

Infielddad, I was at the Rice regional yesterday and there were more pitches thrown below 90 than above in both games I watched.

Of course.  Even if a kid tops at 94 (and would be listed in PG as such), that's his max and that's with a 4SFB.  So that kid, if he's a starter, might cruise at 88-89 with a moving 2SFB, and throw a couple of 4SFB at 92-93 in a game.

Sorry, a little off subject. Spent the evening getting to watch our 2013 RHP coach his 13U Travel Team, in the same organization that he grew up playing in. When he was asked to coach, he assumed it was at an Assistant  Coach capacity. But, it turned out to be as the Head Coach position. And after redshirting after TJ surgery, he is loving it! And the players and parents are great. And as for this Mom, I am definitely liking calmly watching him coach vs. pitch!  Much easier on the nerves!
Last edited by Shelby

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.