Skip to main content

2018 has a couple of offers on table — a D1, which is where he will go if nothing changes. A D2 where he LOVES the academics and the baseball is okay, and a junior college that's not a bad prospect. Planning visits to at least one more D2 and one more juco and waiting to see what else pops up as our high school season winds down.

At what point does he tell the coaches he's pretty sure he's not interested in "no"? I feel like it's rude not to sooner rather than later, but he wants to leave the door open.

Thoughts?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Again, congrats on the offers.  It is great to have choices.  I would only say "no" only after you've told a program "yes".   I appreciate your feelings of not being rude, and I totally understand.  However this is one of those times where your son needs to put his interests first.  I recall going through this with my son too.   He didn't want the coaches not to like him, and he always put the team first.  Well, this is one of those situations where you have to take care of your own business first.  These coaches do this everyday, and they probably know more about your situation than you think.   Your son can give them a call when he is ready to give them the news.  I think any respectable coach is going to wish him the best going forward.  My son kept in touch with a couple coaches (after he committed) who asked him to keep in touch just in case something happened with the Admissions process.  I think it spoke very highly about him and them.  As always, JMO.

Good luck on your upcoming visits and decision.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.