Skip to main content

Reply to "-"

Like all young kids he has some things to learn, but I'm fairly certain that most everyone sees him as a catcher.

To me his best tool is his arm, but he grades out high in power. His defensive grade as a catcher is also very high. So that leaves us with hitting and running. He went into a funk late last year and started to lunge just a little. Earlier he wasn't doing that. When he's in a good groove he looks like a plus hitter. He runs very well for a catcher, but speed grades out average or a tick below overall.

People are very critical due to all the hype, but they need to remember that he is still only 16 years old! At that age he is about as talented as anyone I've ever seen. That said, I have a real problem when people compare him to Lebron James. Comparing him to other young baseball players would make more sense.

Anyway, he is real good, but we've all seen "real good" prospects who didn't pan out. Bryce could end up being a good player or he could end up being a Hall of Famer. Hard to tell yet, he is 16 years old!

We are following him closely and sending someone out there to see him again next week. BTW, the JC he plays at is loaded with prospects, especially pitchers. So he is catching guys with Big League stuff.