Skip to main content

Reply to "-"

Jesse,
While you probably think the site is free, it is only because the owner, Julie, underwrites the cost, sometimes to the tune of $700 or so per month.
As a result, it might be appropriate to consider how important and how relevant it is to post your site content. All you are doing is adding some to Julie's financial load.
While I don't mean to be harsh, since you don't have a scouting background, and appear, in some areas, to be calling others, why would we think the current rankings and future projection has meaningful value? If it does, your site will make it on its own. You don't need the HSBBW. On the other hand, CD is right, in my view, it is not fair to Julie, for you to be using her site, at her expense, to foster your content and views, which don't have recognized scouting background or reliability.
If you look at the Going Pro section, you will see it is dedicated to bbscout. Doug was a long time poster. He was also a very long time scout for the Giants and Nationals before passing away a few years back.
During all his time posting on the site, Doug never tried to show he could scout or rank players. He didn't need to do that. He also knew it was not part of the mission of HSBBW.
I can already read the defensiveness being created in your posts. That is not the intent.
As can happen, you can make this about you or make this about respecting Julie and her efforts and sacrifices to keep this site free and open. I for one hope you can recognize this isn't about you.
Last edited by infielddad