Skip to main content

Reply to "'08 Parents - How are your kids doing?"

OPSon had a great fall season.

Had a 3.3...much better than mom and I ever dreamed of.

UL-Lafayette plays a best of 5 World Series in the fall instead of playing against other teams from around the state. He got to throw 2 innings in game one and did OK. Game 2...nothing, Game 3...nothing, Game 4...nothing again! He was not a happy camper! The seniors are actually the coaches of the games during the fall, so he was not liking seniors at this time! Anyway, they told him the morning of Game 5 that he would be starting it for his team! He had a great outing going 5 innings, allowing only 1 run on 4 hits and they won the fall championship 7-1. The losing team has to serve the winners a steak dinner and all they eat is soup or something like that. He said he enjoyed that steak a little more than usual! I think he gained a lot of confidence from that outing. Patience Dear Watson!!

I couldn't get over how much bigger his legs were when he came home for Christmas from all the weight training he's doing.

Coach doesn't allow any facial hair, which he hates! Mom and I love that part.

He broke up with his girlfriend...

He has 6am workouts this semester and a 7:30 class, so he's up and at'em pretty early.

He called me the morning of the first workout this January and told me he thought he broke his thumb (of course it was his throwing hand). They x-rayed it and there was no break. He was back throwing a couple of days later with no pain and is fine now.

He throws to live batters Friday, so things are well on their way. He doesn't have a good feel for where he stands right now as far as starting or relieving. He was told by the coach to expect at least 90 innings this year, so my guess is they will be using him quite a bit.

We're just real proud of how he's doing in school and in baseball.

We can't wait for opening weekend against Nebraska and neither can he.
Last edited by Old Pitcher