Skip to main content

Reply to "10 year old throws 150+ pitches-again"

ECSAINTS-this amount happened over two games in one day. I wasn't there for the first but parents from our team were. He pitched the last two innings which apparently took some time to complete. Even at 15_20 pitches an inning that is 30-40 and from what I was told, that is generous.

Fast forward to our game. Kid throw HARD for 10. Doesn't need anything but strikes. We had one ball hit fair and a small handful of foul balls (we aren't that great so no surprise there). After 2nd inning, he starts to fatigue and we stop swining. Walk after walk and your total goes up. Now, we end up playing 6 as our pitcher has done his job. The other pitcher ends up with 111 in our game alone. Add that to the unknown amount from previous game, and it is easy 150.

Criminal for sure. In obvious discomfort, they let him go. As the parent of pitchers, you would have heard me yelling across county lines to take him out. A close game in a national championship I did just that. My son was obviously out of gas, it was our 4th game of the day in hot weather, and the count went over 100. Yep, this mama echoed through the mountains.