Skip to main content

Reply to "100 mph"

quote:
Originally posted by Dibble:
Alot of your hard throwers fastball was helped by STERIODS.

also:
quote:
Originally posted by Dibble:
Apparently some people have trouble reading. Said Dibble used roids. His 2 teammates, who also roomed with him are the source.

Dibble ... I guess you are the one who has trouble reading what you type. In a thread that is talking about a COLLEGE pitcher, you used a pretty big generality.

2nd: That's a pretty broad brush you are painting with ... "A LOT of hard throwers" covers a huge amount of ground.

OldVAMan ....
I don't know if it's the size of the hand really. It's how tight of a spin you can get on the ball and I've seen smaller guys get great spin and huge guys with big hands that can't get much spin at all.

If your FB is straight, they are going to catch up with it. You can't be a sucessful 1 pitch guy with no movement. Mariano Rivera is (more or less) a 1 pitch guy, but he gets tremendous movement on the ball.

Also, the harder you throw, the more important the difference between FB/Change up becomes. You may need 15+ MPH difference for someone who's throwing in the high 90's. For someone throwing 87-88, a 7-8 MPH difference may be enough to get the hitter off-stride and out in front of the pitch.