Skip to main content

Reply to "100 mph"

Yes, I've watched them quite a bit. Mine is an '05 so we've played against them for years.

Rob Wooten red-shirted last year so he's still a freshman. He has the potential to be as good as Robert Woodard was last year (who went 8-2).

Josh Horton is an amazing ball player. He could be the starting SS at virtually any college in the country and would have gone pro if his commitment wasn't so strong. He has the ability to play anywhere.

As probable role players this year, Reid Fronk and Chad Flack are hitting machines, though Reid might be a little closer to being ready for college hitting. Trice and Facchinei are excellent pitchers coming out of the western NC area.

I saw Andy Gale the fall of 2003 down at Jupiter, when he didn't have his best game and he was still very impressive. He could become another Bard. I haven't seen Putkonen but he has a great national reputation.

All that being said, my favorite player that they have in might be Kyle Shelton. He's the hardest working utility player you're ever going to see and he's a winner. He's going to play harder than you do until he wins ... and then he's going to hit the weights and get ready to beat you into the ground.

The 2005 class is just as good that they signed is pretty darn good too.