Skip to main content

1000+ games down.....10 to go

Well, it's starting to hit home.  10 games left in what started out as a 2 year old sleeping with a baseball bat 20 years ago.   Son's team is likely going to miss the conference tournament again, so the next 3 weekends of the regular season....and it's over.   The way this season is ending up, I think he's ready for the year to be over (again), but not sure he's realizing that 2 weeks from tomorrow is likely going to be the last time he steps on a field.   On the plus side, he is taking a couple months off after the season (and graduation) to be an assistant coach for the college summer league team he's played for the past 3 years.....and a couple days ago, got a call from a friend of mine, who's known my son for quite a while asking him to apply for a GA position with an NAIA program that he runs.  Coach and free Masters tuition.   Son initially wasn't thrilled with the idea of another year of school, but as of yesterday he's leaning toward applying for the position.  Kind of excited to think that this may lead to a career in baseball (or another sport).  I think the prospect of sitting in an office (with his marketing degree) isn't thrilling him lol

Anybody have any ideas for a new summer hobby for a 51 year old who hasn't done much of anything other than baseball for the past 15 summers? 

Original Post