Skip to main content

Reply to "103mph Exit Velocity and college recruiting"

@Peach49 posted:

Hi Bob, My Grandson really likes Sonoma State and the coaching staff. You saw him hit at an SSU camp last fall where he hit 98 on HitTrax and now regularly hits 100+. His Travel ball coach, a SSU grad, says my grandson is a true D1 Power Hitting candidate but admits that due to Covid-19 finding a D1 spot will be challenging. We actually think SSU would be a great fit for our Grandson and he'd probably be very interested if they made him an offer.

Patrick

That's good news.  As has already been communicated here, there are limited D1's in that region, so to find the right D1 fit, he may have to go east.  I can tell you that SSU and most of that conference play as good or better baseball than many of the mid major D1 conferences back east - in some cases, considerably better.  So, if staying closer to home and taking advantage of the much lower in-state tuition are important, SSU or some of the other schools in that conference would make an excellent choice.  He just needs to get past the D1 stigma.