Skip to main content

Reply to "11.7 Scholarships Per Team"

Originally Posted by 9and7dad:
Originally Posted by CoachJackE:
Originally Posted by MidAtlanticDad:
Originally Posted by Catcherdad:

A related question some friends and I have is:

why are football and basketball players (with full or big scholarships) allowed to transfer D1-D1;

while baseball (with fraction scholarships) must sit a year or go JUCO.

Seems more logical (perhaps logic has no place in college sports

that the sport with less of a scholarship would be able to switch. 

I think the transfer rules for DI to DI are pretty much the same for football, basketball and baseball, except for football allowing the "One-Time Transfer Exception" to be used for someone transferring from a FBS school to a FCS school. I assume they allow that exception since those two DI football divisions don't compete for the same championship.

How about the $ amount per 11.7 Is it a fixed amount per school or is actual tuition considered?? If actual, is it "out of state" actual??

The dollar amount isn't set across the board, it is related to the cost at that particular school.  When dealing with state schools, it depends on the school.  I don't believe there is an NCAA rule dictating one way or the other relative to applying it to in state vs out of state.  I believe that is set at the school level.  Others may have better info but I'm pretty sure it works that way.  Another good question to ask if you are dealing with a state school.

Its based on the actual COA for that school in state.  So if the cost would be for example 40k per year that times 11.7 would be the budget the coach has. So multiply that and figure out by 27, if fully funded. That's what? 17,333.33 per player?