Skip to main content

Reply to "11-Year-Old Baseball PHENOM...Well all know one...right?"

You all suckered me in to watching the video from all those commenting...my immediate first thing was at age 11 neither of my smart and driven boys knew the difference between D1 and anything else.  They never would have said I want to play D1 baseball or D1 hockey or D1 football etc.  They might have said, I want to play in college or I want to be a pro.  So all this talk from an 11 yr old about playing D1 baseball comes from the parents!  Naming him Joey Baseball, having an 11 yr old have an instagram (he mentions Miggy follows him now) -- this is all the PARENTS.  They may seem normal for the camera but I worry about what goes on behind closed doors.  That kid is a KID.  He can train and play all he wants but all the other stuff and attention is just the parents living through him.  The dad said even if he doesn't make it, I would still do what I am doing.  That is just ridiculous as it is more proof that the dad is behind most of it and I feel really sorry for the little boy (and I mean little).