Skip to main content

Reply to "156 pitches"

Will I understand what you are saying and you are right about what you are saying. It really is none of my business how a coach runs his team. The dad who I know walked over to me and I just spoke my mind. This same kid pitched on a Monday 7 innings over 120 pitches and then on Weds over 130 pitches both wins I might add. His team had to forfeit the win on Weds because the kid pitched over 12 innings in 72 hours in violation of NCHSSAA rules. None of my business you are right. I made a statement hoping that I in some way could protect this kid from injury. It is thin ice no doubt. But I made the decision based on my feelings at the time. How do you look a dad in the face and respond when he comes up to you and tells you something like this? Especially one that really doesnt know alot about the whole deal and is scared to really express his views. What if I just blew him off and walked away and then the kid blows out his arm? I guess its none of my business but I just had to say what I said. I really dont care what other coaches say about me or to my parents. I dont have anything to hide or be ashamed of. If I pulled this kind of **** I would have no one else to blame but me. JMO