Skip to main content

Reply to "156 pitches"

Thursday, May 5, 2005

Choctaw ousts Mosley

By Jason Shoot

News Herald Writer 747-5069 / jshoot@pcnh.com

SPRINGFIELD

Choctawhatchee’s Josh Materne had pitched two complete games against Mosley’s heralded baseball team this season, yet he had no wins to show for it.

His fortunes changed for the better on Wednesday night.

Materne fired 136 pitches over nine innings, and Choctaw came back from a late deficit to end Mosley’s season with a 4-2 victory in a District 1-5A tournament semifinal at the Shamplain Sports Complex.

The Indians (14-7) are scheduled to play Niceville-Fort Walton Beach in the district championship tonight at 7 p.m. Mosley’s season ended at 19-7.

Choctaw outlasted Mosley starter Jaye Chapman, who threw 145 pitches through eight innings before Dolphin coach Jed Douglas pulled him before the start of the ninth. The Indians then went to work against reliever Cody Johnson.

Shameful.

"I wanted to take him out after the seventh, but he wanted the ball," Choctaw coach Steven Gall said of Materne. "He’s been our ace all year, and I wouldn’t take the ball away from him."

The coach wanted to take the kid out, but the kid would not come out of the game. Not the coaches fault I guess?

http://66.21.108.67/interconnect/browser/intercon.dll
Last edited by Dad04