Skip to main content

Reply to "16U player moving from TX to Alpharetta/Cumming area- Need advice"

We made similar move into same region two years ago.  Websites are helpful, but I would recommend working the phones as soon as possible.  GA High School regular season wraps up this Friday.  Playoffs begin after that; State finals scheduled 5/20(ish).  Club seasons run August to July.  16U clubs will have taken the Spring off.  Teams will start getting back together as High School seasons end.  Reshuffle among clubs teams in happening now (players got hurt, players burned out, etc).  As mentioned earlier, baseball is very mature in area, lots of people know each other.  I would say:  Most information is passed verbally & via phone instead of website posting.  Call High School coach.  Since HS coach will not be Summer coach, you may get most honest lay-of-land details about immediate area.  Your mid-June arrival means six weeks left of Summer season.  You may have to 'take what you can get'.  Be all smiles and supportive; but start making plans for 17U club try-outs in early August.  All clubs, more-or-less, reboot at that time.   Other posters have given names of organizations.  I can't speak for many, but  I can tell you 6-4-3DP is class group.  They may not have available spots, but if you call, they will happily share information about landscape of the area and they can likely give you some solid leads.  Good luck.  Big move for a 16U young man.  PM me if you want more details.