Skip to main content

Reply to "17u or 18u for a 2022"

@JETSR71 posted:

4.0 GPA. 1280 SAT (Retaking). All AP or duel enrollment courses.

Historically, this has been a great organization.  Son and I met with the organization president/owner two weeks ago.  He is still working on 2021's and getting to 2022's.  Not pleased with the answers we received.  None of the parents are happy with the answers they have gotten so far.

We have one commit on what was a top 25 16u team. Expecting a 50%+ exodus this fall.

Looking at options for other organizations that seem to do recruiting better.

Our program director didn’t adjust to all the curveballs Covid “threw”  at us either.  Spent more time complaining about lockdowns on Twitter than retweeting workout/skills video and then was so behind the count for 2021’s he completely neglected the 2022s. Now we have 1 commit for a top CA program that usually has 20plus per class. We have an exodus happening as well.  We will not leave. Although I think he didn’t execute well, part of the problem is the market and there just isn’t demand for 2022s.  Program directors are going to focus on getting kids any spot they can. Starting with the easiest placed (strongest players). If you aren’t one of those, I’d consider leaving.  That’s where we are losing players. B and C teams know they have no shot at getting placed until top kids have been farmed out.

My advice: you kid has good grades. Use that, because at this point it’s something a lot of kids don’t have and is something that may keep bigger fish from jumping into that pond.  Get him a tutor for the SAT stat. (Or look at schools that are test optional)