Skip to main content

Reply to "17U Travel Ball or just Showcases?"

He should be playing for a travel team. Even if he goes to a camp and the coaches like what they see, they're going to want his travel schedule/coach's contact info to watch him play again. Offers rarely come after seeing a player once, especially at a camp. 

If I were you I would join a new organization. One where they have sent players or have connections to schools your son is interested in. Depending on the state/how far you're willing to travel I'm sure others can give you recommendations, but if you don't see his recruitment progressing with his current program it would not be wise to spend the money.   It is on the later side, but if your son has size and can play there will always be room for him on a roster. You're going to have to do your homework here. 

As for the colleges. Your son's numbers are good, but none really jump out as elite. I'm sure there are plenty of D1 schools that recruit those metrics, but it would probably be wiser to stay away from the P5 schools and powerhouse mid-majors. As those numbers might not get a lot of attention and those schools are mostly finished recruiting. But there are still plenty of D1s recruiting and will continue to do so all summer so he still has time.

PS. If you're looking to save money PG showcases are not the way to go.