Skip to main content

Reply to "1st preference home states?"

The roster is a great suggestion. Some of the adjoining states to GA have the SREB, an education board allowing neighboring states kids to go there for "in state" tuition since the major isn't offered locally. Those out of state schools fish in our pond and the others. Other schools have lower tuition and can get more out of state kids. Then, you have the endowment schools and others that have plenty of money, other than baseball to augment the scholarships with and land out of state players. I'm not sure about the PG rankings or tournament teams. I was told, and mind you i have a RHP, that Ps and Cs go 1st, corner guys need to hit for power and everyone else are looked at the same-OF are interchangeable-IF the same. I'm sure there are nuances, CF speed and 2nd with power etc being game changers, but on the whole the needs are as listed to make a D1 school. Are your sights set to the correct types/sizes of schools, have you had an evaluation from other coaches, do you have video/game and other that you send with your emails? I'm sure you will get better advice or comments but figured i would add .02