Skip to main content

Reply to "1st preference home states?"

Jim T,

In our experience it sure seemed like state schools were primarily focused on state residents.  Private schools didn't matter as much.  One private school in particular went out of their way to recruit my son because he was local and they had no local players.  

The devil is always in the details, and I think you'll get a lot of info by looking at the current and past roster as previously suggested

With all due respect, I wish I had a dime for every recruit/parent of recruit who said "I'm puzzled about the lack of interest in my son from the schools we've contacted"  or "We've reached out to schools who have kids on their current 2016 commit list who have less velo and less of a stick."  Recruiting can be complicated.  Your son sounds like a very talented young man, but I think it would be worthwhile in looking at your approach, methodology, marketing & exposure strategy if you are not getting the intended results.  I can't tell you how many times we had to change the way we were doing things because we were asking ourselves the same questions you asked.  

Good luck!

PS.   Recruited = passion + skill + exposure + persistence + luck