Skip to main content

Reply to "2-4 Transfer Rule"

I don't see any general problem specific to transfer in what you wrote. There may be other specific prerequisite requiremnts from the specific school he wants to attend. You won't know that until you check with the college.

Here's the rule i think applies. Also below is a link to the NCAA rules data base. You need to concentrate on chapter 14.

14.5.4 Two-Year College Transfers
14.5.4.1 Qualifier Effective Date: Aug 01, 2003
A transfer student from a two-year college who was a qualifier (per Bylaw 14.3.1.1) is eligible for competition in Division I institutions the first academic year in residence only if the student has spent at least one full-time semester or one full-time quarter in residence at the two-year college (excluding summer sessions), presented a minimum grade-point average of 2.000 (see Bylaw 14.5.4.6.3.2) and satisfactorily completed an average of at least 12-semester or -quarter hours of transferable-degree credit acceptable toward any baccalaureate degree program at the certifying institution for each full-time academic term of attendance at the two-year college. (Revised: 4/24/03 effective 8/1/03; for those students first entering an NCAA institution on a full-time basis on or after 8/1/03)

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/lsdbi/LSDBi.LSDBiPackage.SearchBylawsAndDisplayList

hope this helps