Skip to main content

Reply to "2004 MSABC Pre-Season All-State Nominees"

Cru...thanks for the clarification. As I said before, it has been quite a while since I was involved in the MSABC. I had forgotten about the nomination/selection process.

I agree with your assessment with regards to the benefits being nominated may afford a young man in the baseball resume process.

I guess I would like the following approach. A coach of a high school team being able to nominate his players, as well as players from other teams. I grew a little disenchanted with the MSABC because I really felt like the leadership (10 years ago mind you), did not reach out to the high school baseball community in a way that made the organization feel like it was for everyone. They would gladly take $$$ from coaches to attend clinics, etc..., but when it came down to choosing coaches for the CROWN game or TEAM MD, it seemed it was the same cast of characters each year.

Bear and I have had our go arounds in the past, but one thing is for sure. The man sees lots of players, and knows how to spot talent. My comments were not intended to be derogatory toward him. On the contrary, he is someone I would listen to with regards to who belongs on this list, and who doesn't.

End of rant.