Skip to main content

Reply to "2004 Rankings"

A player from up North needs to go to camps and showcases in the Southeast or Southwest if that is where they want to play. Like it has been said, schools like FSU, ASU, Stanford, etc. don't need to leave their own backyards to find players that can play at their school. For a northern player to have a chance to go to that school, they must attend the school's camp and show well. I went to 2 ASU camps my junior year of high school. They said they liked me, even though I wasn't a big guy, but I just needed to play more, like the guys that live in AZ. I played upwards of 125 games after that in 2002, all in Illinois. My dream was to always go to ASU to play ball, and even though I'm not their now, I'm in their "backyard" at a juco so I still may have the chance of going there. All in all, a player from up north needs to go down south to a partcular school's camp if tht is the school they want to go to. None of the major schools from down south go north to find players, nor do they need to. Good luck to anyone that wants to go south and play ball. Hard work does pay off.

"Baseball players are made in the off-season."