Skip to main content

Reply to "2004 Rankings"

my teamates and i dont really care how many division one players you have or what your record was, or what your preseason rank will be. or how hard you throw,or where youre going to college or who hits the ball 500 hundred feet. it makes me sick when i see all this mumbo jumbo hype. its not where you start its where you end.my team and i have heard it since sophomore year. we all thought we had to be extraordinary ballplayers that threw 90 and could hit the ball 500 feet to get recognition. and our coach has long tried to enstill it in our heads that all that stuff doesnt mean anything. as you can see from last summer,were just now starting to realize he's right. dont get me wrong, much respect goes to the providence program, but ask them what happened last year when 8 juniors took it to their 4 or 5 division 1 "prospects". Rankings dont mean anything, whether prospect or team. and i cant stand when people say whats gonna happen this year, or whats gonna happen tomorrow. they dont know the first thing about tomorrow. you guys need to remember what baseball is all about. playing hard, no matter what, with no fear. im just trying to help all those ball players out there that think they need to be superstars to be successful, cuz everyone knows that there are plenty of them out there. work hard for yourself, listen to your coach, be a team, die for you team, and sell it to everyone that you care, or else they wont care for you. what makes my team strong,and not just on the field, is were just a bunch of guys that will be there for another member at any time. maybe thats cuz we're all so close, and we all go to a private,pretty, little catholic school kidding. but thats how every team should play.or there wont be chemistry. sorry for exploding but all of this has just been stored inside of me for quite some time. and since its my senior year, and i wont be in contant with any of you next year, besides griff and jp, i feel much better lettin this out.

good luck to all teams this season... ( this post was meant to be in no offense to the oak park team)