Skip to main content

Reply to "2009, AAU STATE CHAMPIONSHIP"

BPA has just listed their tournaments, apparently today, and YES they do have priority and a direct connection to the BSU field since the PBA director here in Muncie is a public official with a lot of pull. That is why I clearly stated on our web site that "Ball State University or Anderson University may be used for Championship Sunday depending on availability of the field".

Obviously BSU will NOT be used now.... Anderson University is still an option, but if not, we will play at one of the local HS fields. Anderson University is usually available to us to use at our descretion. It was used for "Championship Sunday" in all 3 events we hosted last year. BSU was used the year before prior to BPA coming to town.

Regardless, on every weekend, tournaments are going to conflict with other tournaments. Some, may or may not offer the possibility of playing on a college field. It is totally up to each team to make their decision on where to play based on location, accommodations, price, competition, etc, etc, etc. I wish you luck in what ever tournament you do decide to play in.

As for the tournament being open to out of state teams, this is not my decision. It comes straight from AAU. If you don't like the rule, take it up with them. I'm sure they will value your opinion as much as I do.

I wish you the best of luck!!!
Last edited by sportsfan5