Skip to main content

Reply to "2010 College Reporting thread"

quote:
Originally posted by RRF8:

Now you've really got me excited. As a freshman parent, when should I expect my media guide?

In Juniors freshman year, we were playing at UTSA in a round robin in San Antonio. The media guide came out online two days before the game, and we were given spiral bound editions sitting in the stands prior to the first game. The asst. coach came out of the dugout with a box and started handing them out...there were only enough for 1 per family of parents.

I was sitting in the stands with 3 Star General Ray Ordierno when he looked over my shoulder and said, "let's read about your son". He's a former Army baseball player...and a pretty neat guy...that was my first media guide.

P.S. Junior had been at West Point since late June after his HS graduation and was now 8 months into his freshman year and taking 22 hours of classes in season when Gen. Ordierno asked, "How is Kirk enjoying West Point?" I replied, "I'm not sure enjoying accurately portrays his experience there sir." The General had a pretty good laugh, and replied, "West Point is a great place to be from".
Last edited by CPLZ