Skip to main content

Reply to "2012 ALL SED PREDICTIONS"

quote:
Originally posted by '59Tiger:
quote:
Originally posted by nrbb07:
Stephen Lorkiewicz is far from the best in the SED!!! You can't even put him up with Campbell, Lowe, Best and Brown. On the other hand and this is food for thought, what if the voting goes Lowe at SS and Campbell at 2B. I know that leaves Best and Brown out, but you could put Brown at the utility spot. It would just suck for Best cause I don't know where that would leave him. I mean both Lowe and Campbell are great well round people. I know McPherson is only sophmore, but we have 3 ACC SS in the SED. That is insane!

Whoa...

I'm pretty sure that those who can READ saw the statement "best 2B in the SED no one wants to recognize" and thought:

A) They mean SECOND BASEMEN (Lowe & Campbell do NOT play 2B).
B) That it means of all of the 2B in the district who no one has mentioned, he is clearly the best.

Now... Obviously you are drunk with bias and are completely ignorant to facts needed to make a sensible argument. It makes very little sense for a biased-person like you to call out a player as being “clearly inferior”!

The facts are:
* Lorkiewicz was 2nd Team All-District 2B, as a sophomore, in 2010 behind Justin Lee (batted .396).
* He missed his junior year after separating his shoulder in game 4 of 2011... at the time he had already scored 5 runs, had 4 RBI, a .563 OBP, .500 SLG, 1.063 OPS... AND would be a more "known name" without that injury.
* Lorkiewicz’s season ended yesterday: .404 AVG (23-57), 17 runs, 4 doubles, 4 triples, 1 HR, 21 RBI (top 3 in the area according to the Pilot), 8 stolen bases, .471 OBP, .649 SLG, 1.121 OPS... and this is with missing the first 2 games due to the lingering shoulder injury.
* The young man did all of this wearing a shoulder brace for this entire season & has a slightly torn labrum in his non-throwing shoulder.
* He had a clutch 2-run single in the 7th inning of the upset over GB.
* In the "head-to-head" matchup with Brown this past Tuesday... Lorkiewicz drove in the tying & winning runs with a 2-run double in the big upset over #1 NR... while Brown went 0-4 from the leadoff spot.

Needless to say, we are all biased to the players we see regularly... but to say that Stephen Lorkiewicz isn't even in the same class as Tyler Best & Tyler Brown is absolutely senseless. Anyone, with knowledge of the facts in the argument, should be able to develop a broader scope of understanding about Oscar Smith senior Stephen Lorkiewicz… "best 2B in the SED no one wants to recognize".

Now that is how you make a case, but I would point out Brown was 2-3 with an RBI while Lorkiewicz was 0-3 from the leadoff spot in the first head-to-head matchup won by NR.
Last edited by Go Dawgs