Skip to main content

Reply to "2012 World Series"

quote:
The Tigers had a lot of those kinds guys and it's a big part of what got them to the WS. But IMHO I think the team was a little too heavy that way making them, for a lack of a better way to put it, too one dimensional. AND, I think the down time waiting to play in WS was a detriment to those guys rhythm for their hitting. You gotta hand it to the Giants pitching for coming out of their pitching slump just when they needed to, otherwise, it would have been a VERY different story.

Yes, Tigers was and is a good team. I could not think of any mlb team that would not like to have Cabrera, Fielder, and Delmont on their lineup. It's just that Giants could do no wrong this time. Zito's bunt hit rbi, Vegalsong's rbi, McCain's rbi, Pence's hitting the ball three times, Pablo's three HR against a dominating pitcher, Lincecum finding his strike zone, Romo's impossible slider, and on and on. I have seen them pitching and hitting and haven't seen the best until last week. What I used to see was Pablo grounded to a double play many many times, pitchers' blow safe, etc.. That's why it's amazing to see all of them came together and peaked at the right time. After the last game, Zito in an interview summed it up something like that - everyone think the Giants could not do it, throw away the stats, we play for each other.