Skip to main content

Reply to "2013 MiLB Season as a Parent"

CD - I echo all of those thoughts.  Our son has told us he will never turn anyone down, but has also asked that we help manage requests that come through us.  My wife has 14 brother and sisters...almost all with kids...i.e. cousins.  Some he's never met.  It gets big in a hurry.  Add in HS and college friends, etc... and the numbers add up quickly.  I see social media requests to him from friends and cousins and aunts and uncles...for tickets.  And then there's the requests from the "best friend" or boss of a  family member who "always rooted for your son."  Its not easy to navigate gracefully.  And by the way, the seats they put you in are in the $100 neighborhood...not $40.

I hope no one takes my post to seem like its a huge problem.  Its certainly not a huge problem...in fact its a "good" problem to have, and its one he'll handle just fine I believe.  Just trying to create awareness on a topic I personally had no "awareness" of before.

I have attended MLB games courtesy of a (non-family) player before...but had no idea that the player ends up paying for about half the cost of the ticket through taxes.

In any case, I think this could even be a 'touchy' subject amongst friends...which just goes to demonstrate how much easier it could be a very touchy subject inside a family, 2nd and 3rd cousins...and all.