Skip to main content

Reply to "2013 Official All-State Awards"

Congratulations to the players and coaches who were honored by the NHHSBCA.  As Ironwill stated, "enjoy the debate."  I remember a few disgruntled posters last time around.

Here's some breakdowns for D1 All-State selections as well as some thought on the season.  In regards to All-State, I just started looking and here's what I found. 

1st team:

9 juniors and 10 seniors (including POY).

2nd team:

1 sophomore, 4 juniors, and 13 seniors.

3rd team:

1 freshman, 6 sophs, 4 juniors, and 7 seniors.

D1 totals:

1 frosh, 7 sophomore, 17 juniors, and 30 seniors.  

Twenty-five underclassmen give the fans something to look forward to in 2014.

# of players represented on D1 teams, the teams record, and my skinny.

Londonderry (16-4)  7.  Best team in D1. Coach of the Year, Brent Demas. Depth from 1-9 as well as pitching.  In a series, I would never pick against them, but it is only one game.  Revenge game tomorrow vs. Timberlane, who handed them one of their 4 losses.  Looking ahead, could see Pinkerton for the 3rd time at Holman...

North (13-7)  5 McCarthy and Roberts tough 1-2 punch.  Offense has been up and down.  I'd have to call them explosive after seeing them come back against Merrimack.

Concord (12-6), Alvirne (11-7), and Merrimack (11-7) 4.  Only Concord remains out of these three.  Seeds 4, 6, and 7 went down yesterday. All three one-run disappointments.  Concord, looking to return to the championship, has Dover in its way followed by North or Exeter with Joyce on the bump.

Keene (12-7), BG (11-9), Dover (10-9), Timberlane (10-8), Pinkerton (8-11), Bedford (9-9) Exeter (9-9) (including POY), and Trinity (6-12)  3 Keene, Bedford, BG, and Trinity do not advance from this grouping. The Pinkerton turn around is the great story of the tournament.  Steve Campo's #13 seeded ball club has won 6 straight.  Timberlane, who have now won 9 of 11 after a very slow start, should be confident after beating the Lancers 4-3 on the road two weeks ago.  

Spaulding (11-7) and Salem (7-13) 2. Spaulding toasted Pinkerton last night as the Astros' victory helps them avoid the long ride to Keene.   Salem's tough, 1-0, loss to North last night ends their season

Memorial (4-14), Winny (6-12), and South (6-12) 1.  South only team of this grouping in the tournament as the #16th seed were blanked by #1 Londonderry.  Of the 8 games yesterday, it appears 6 were good ball games.

Central (4-14) 0.

Good luck to all tomorrow.