Skip to main content

Reply to "2013 Official All-State Awards"

Yeah, Matt was teammates with Alex for 3 years (13-15) and has developed into one of the best pitchers in the State, at least Top 10-12, imho. Perhaps he didn't play enough or pitch enough innings as a result to being hurt. Great kid!

I like that idea of the home team posting something.  Yeah, I realize that HS stats are generally kept by a player scorekeeper and are far from accurate, I understand that.  Giving your best friend a hit when it should have been an error here or there .... certainly happens everywhere. Again, I understand that.  Over the course of a full season, that might only change the over all stats a few points up or down.  However, for pitchers,  if a coach is going on record as saying a pitchers has, say, a 7-1 record ... he should have to say who the 7 wins were against.  Only take all of about 10-15 seconds. If that were to happen, and a discrepancy occurs, the opposing coaches should know who they lost to and speak up. Again, these selections are supposed to be based on performance and not "projected" ability or over hype

No, I am not a disgruntled parent by any means as I was accused of being last year.  Same issue as last year ... and the lies continue just no one is willing to step up and say anything.