Skip to main content

Reply to "2013 Official All-State Awards"

Originally Posted by Old Man On The Mountain:

srbaseball15: Obviously you read at least some of the posts on this thread, but regretfully you seem to take the easier road and follow the disgruntled complainer rather than the good people who sincerely care about this sport called baseball.  Don't waste your time worrying about the other guys or how you interpret their method of success.  There is nothing wrong with working harder and playing your best, and if you do that you should sleep well at night AND will be a better person for it.

Sr: If you're referring to my previous post that seems to have started this as me being the "disgruntled complainer," you are somewhat confused. I am far from disgruntled, I am pissed off and sick and tired of some of the bs that tarnishes the game I love. My "complaint" was more about coaches who out right lie about states to get "their" fav player noticed.  Let the players performance on the field "the entire season" speak for itself. I tried saying this last year (my first summer really using this forum) and it all was misinterpreted and turned around that I was attacking a particular player .... which I was NOT and am NOT doing that now .... it's the coach I'm attacking now that the season is over with. There is no "room for error" when a coach reports that a player is hitting over .350 in D1, yet is really batting under .200 .... its THAT obvious to those who have watched every game. Or falsely reports the team has over over 80 errors in the season because when "his boy" pitches and gives up 8 earned runs ... it has to be because of the errors. Crap, he reported once in the paper that even my son had an era of under .200 when in fact, it was 2.59 at the time.  I agree with a post from earlier about how errors can attribute to many things regarding a pitchers stats .... I understand that.  OK, I'll spell it out and prepare to get crucified by those certain members on here who refuse to look at the truth and every time there is a "disgruntled" post on here by anyone who doesn't think the way they do ... they make that person out to be a bad guy or less than their superior knowledge. How does a D1 player with a BA of under .200 with 19 Ks and an era of well over 3.50 with 39 BBs make First Team?????? Based on what? Potential?  Last year? Favoritism? Stat deceit? Lying by the reporting coach ...... YES!  Most of you on here know who I am and I don't care anymore.  Those who really know me know I love this game and love the players even more.  Some of you also obviously know my son and know that he is a great kid who had a great season (.439BA-D1 ... 2nd Team) and is having fun with the game again after last year's injury and has little to do with where he placed in this selection .... he's truly honored because he has played with a lot of these guys on all the lists and knows there are some really good players in NH and smiled when he saw some of his former team mates on the list, including 1st Team.  Now that he graduated I feel the truth must be revealed (and it will) ... this kind of politics in sports (baseball) needs to STOP. To those coaches on here (I know who most of you are) who are not like this and live by more baseball morals than this ... I am not referring to all coaches. My hat goes of to those who dedicate their time and passion to this game and more importantly, to the boys. I always show respect to coaches for what they do.  I have recently returned to coaching myself after taking a couple years off for travel ball, and I am a firm believer in lifting up your players, fighting for them and understand what it must be like going into that room and wanting "your guy(s)" to be selected.  Go ahead ... lobby for them (seacoast ) ... but don't lie about them!!!!  People wonder why "that" team with 2 All-State aces lost 12 of their last last 13 games?  It had little to nothing to do with all those reported errors (yes, there were a lot, but not anywhere close to 80 unless he's counting passed balls with no one on base) ... it had everything to do with a coach who belittled them and quit on his team .... so they stopped playing to win ... and started playing "not" to lose out of fear. Way to go coach ...as players ... and coaches ... we all are eventually faced at some point in time with the dilemma of coming to a cross road with a decision of whether or not to walk away ..... enjoy your summer boys!!!!  I know I will.  Yours in Baseball