Skip to main content

Reply to "2013 Official All-State Awards"

Let's face it. Every year it is the same tired argument. I can only speak on the Division I know which is D1. No one can argue the 1st team. All year every kid on that list was talked about after their games on the "2013 Season" post . They were the #1 players on the year. There are no surprises.

2nd Team- Maybe a surprise or two but to be honest I only saw most of these kids one time. I know of most of them but not all.

3rd Team- Same deal. Maybe a few more surprises. Probably more room for a discussion as far as who made it & who didn't.

Take the 1st team out of the argument. Let's look at this from the Coaches perspective. There are probably several players on most teams that could be recommended for the 2nd or 3rd team. What makes one more deserving than the other. Maybe Coach thinks player "a" worked his tail off over the winter & improved his game so he pushed for him or player "b" played 100% every play, every ground ball etc. Every Coach is different & every Coach has their own set of "little things" they look at in players. I would give the benefit of the doubt that most Coaches have valid reasons for the selections that they recommended.

Congrats to all the players that did make it.