Skip to main content

Reply to "2013 Official All-State Awards"

They didn't win. It happens.  Every year in basketball people discuss whether or not they should pick all-state after the tourney.  The arguments are good either way.  I wonder if they held the meeting yesterday, would 19 coaches be there? 

So, what happens if....let's just say, the Merrimack coach doesn't vote for Coach Demas' players?  Is the Merrimack coach's stud right-hander not getting an invite to the Londonderry pitching showcase?  Does the JV team now have to try to get into Trinity's JV tourney?  What power can this man have?  Will he will beat you 33-7?

Seriously, Undue influence equals power. He is respected, I am sure. Like I said earlier, I do not know him, but I have to respect what he does.  

It reminds me of the negative discussion about the GSBL fall Showcase League and how too many Londonderry players were playing in it.   Maybe that's why they finished with a 20-4 record?  Yes, they didn't win, but that's part of the beauty of baseball.

Just a note, last year North had 6 players All-state.  They lost in the semi's. Londonderry and a few others had 5.

2011 Londonderry had 4, North had 6.  If I had more time I would look for a pattern.