Skip to main content

Reply to "2014 Anxiety"

Alebaba,

Welcome to the most stressful 6-9 months you will go through. Just like everyone here who has/had a son playing in college you are experiencing what we all did.  

It was our experience that programs are after pitchers first and then specific needs of a program, so it is still early for position players. We found, for us at least, my son was getting contact during the summer to see where he was playing, and then it really heated up in the fall. The fall scout leagues in California is when the recruiting gets hot and heavy…..but it goes all of the way through HS season of their Sr year. My son had major D1 programs coming out to see him play during his Sr year, so frankly it is really early to get too worried.

I would be sure to make sure you broaden your horizons and check out some DIII programs if your son has good grades and can get some academic money. There are some excellent DIII schools in your vicinity from Texas into the South. Also be working on JUCO’s to see what opportunities may be available there.

Frankly my son did not commit until the last official date of May 1st of his Sr year so you have plenty of time….to be worried.

The best advice I can give is to have a plan and keep working the plan. It will all work out.

Best of luck.