Skip to main content

Reply to "2014 Anxiety"

Aleebaba,

Sorry you are feeling down in the dumps right now, but there is joy at the end I assure you.  I agree with Midlo that your son could and should be doing more, if you are doing most or all of the work.  He needs more skin in the game for a few reasons.   He could be learning life skills such as learning how to find a job, which let's face it playing D1 baseball is a job.  My suggestion would be to show him everything you've been doing for him, demonstrate how to do it, and turn the keys of the kingdom over to him.   You will serve as a consultant.

If you don't have an offer by June 27 (get in line) that doesn't make your current & past efforts a failure.  You've learned where not to spend any more of your time and money, and that is valuable information.   There is still a lot of time and a lot of opportunities out there for your son.  From what you've shared with me privately, I know your son will have many upcoming options.   I'd revisit your targets, and exposure strategy to get in front of those targets then turn over the contact efforts to your son.  We tweaked our strategy a number of times until we finally figured it out.  I have every confidence that you will do the same.

Good luck!