Skip to main content

Reply to "2014 Anxiety"

I am right there with all those 2014 parents that are having anxiety. 2014 is laid back, way to much for me, and I know I am driving him crazy . He is having a great HS expeience, one I wish for everyone, Great success in both of his sports, very good student, the right GF so he can be himself and she can as well, a core group of great friends who make good decisions, and a wide range of other friends. He is the middle of 5 kids and so knows what it is like (from outside looking in) to leave the nest. He is way more anxious about that than where he will play baseball in college and is trying to prolong his HS experience as much as possible.

With that being said, in last month he has begun to take choosing a great fit for college both in academics and baseball. He has finally started to talk about what he wants (much to my relief). I still have to check that he has replied to requests from colleges and sometimes push that he does it timely, especially for those colleges he is not very interested in at moment. 

I find I scour this website multiple times a day now (versus once a day or so from when I joined a couple of years ago) for whatever advice I can glean.

I appreciate all those before me that give this advice as I would be lost. Sometimes I don't like the advice, sometimes I don't agree with it, most times I both like and agree with, BUT I do appreciate it ALL