Skip to main content

Reply to "2014 Anxiety"

I was once a college recruiter.  If there was a player I really wanted, I didn't care who sent me information. I would communicate with his grandmother if that is what it took to get that player. If I truly wanted to recruit a player, it was a big benefit to communicate with his parents. In fact sometimes I would get a much better feel of what the player was thinking from the parents than anything I could get out of the kid. Often high school kids can unintentionally mislead you. Parents know that you are an adult and their son is not.  

That said, it is always best when that recruiter actually wants to talk to you.  If he doesn't that should tell you something.  Filling out a questionnaire is no big deal IMO.  Chances are that dad or mom knows what their son would write.

On the other hand, I think what some have stated here is don't get to that stage where any recruiter would have a reason to believe you are one of those "Helicoptor Parents". They will try to avoid you like the plague and they will never tell you why. They might use you to help recruit your son, but they are not recruiting you.