Skip to main content

Reply to "2014 Anxiety"

This whole thread reminds me of a thread I started many years ago...younger son came within one batter of throwing a PG in a 13/14 Pony game...I called/changed the pitch that got hit on the last batter...I started a thread as sort of...??...therapy for me...frustrated with myself.

I got hammered by half the posters for ever calling pitches...let alone changing a pitch on the last batter.  I felt even crappier after that...boy was I sorry I started that thread.  

Aleebaba - You're fine.  I feel the stress...the anxiety...the pain...the frustration.  You and your son have worked hard to attain a dream.  Good stuff!  One way or another, your son will never forget how hard "Dad" worked with him, was interested in him...helped him...and spent countless hours with him.

We all help our kids.  Ever helped with homework in grade school?  High school?  Of course...we all have.  To me, there's a wide canyon between what you have done filling out questionnaires (Shhh!  I did some of that too! ) and being a "helicopter parent."  I'd be seriously surprised if "Stotzy" thought I was a "helicopter parent" and I don't see that here at all either.

Hang in there.  There's sun over the horizon one way or another.  Don't be afraid to vent...or ask here again.  

Last edited by justbaseball