Skip to main content

Reply to "2014 Anxiety"

I think everyone ought to do things the way they see fit and there is no need to justify to other people.

This much I know about parenting.  The best parents are grandparents.  I am 100 times a better parent to my grandson than I was to my own kids.  Don't wig out about things anymore and take things MUCH, MUCH less seriously. 

I also know this.  The better the kid, the better the parent "appears" to be and the easier it is to be a parent frankly.  How do I know this?

I have three kids.  Two of them would get me elected as the national parent of the year and most likely put me in the parenting hall of fame.  The other one, my problem child is still a major problem to me at 28 years old.  He has never grown up.  If you were to judge me on him alone, you would swear I was the WORST parent of all time.

I am convinced kids are who they are when they are born.  I saw a documentary on twins the other day who have been separated and it highly confirms my suspicions here.  I refuse to take credit for my two highly accomplished ones but I will conversely not take all the blame for my problem child.  FWIW...