Skip to main content

Reply to "2014 Anxiety"

Reading this thread really does increase my anxiety about the recruiting process!  Our son plays for an academy type team, and only one of the position players and three pitchers have committed so far. Many of the guys on his team want to go JUCO so that they can go after those big baseball powerhouses in a couple of years. Our son is lucky that he is getting emails and some phone calls from coaches even though none of the schools are a perfect fit.  Our son has good grades and ACT scores although not good enough for Ivy admission.  Several D2s have talked with him (although no offers yet, there has been a discussion about money and one school that has promised a "package" in the near future)  I am not sure what that means. His best option is probably a high academic D3 although I have no idea how we would pay for it. The big anxiety for us is that,our son is probably going to have to decide if playing baseball is worth compromising his educational goals or going heavily in debt to play for a high academic D3. Baseball money is not a priority; our son would happily walk on to a school with strong academics and apply for academic scholarships, but we do not live on the east coast where there are many options for players who want top academics, a great baseball program, and affordable tuition.