Skip to main content

Reply to "2014 Anxiety"

Originally Posted by Aleebaba:

Well, things are getting more heated up both literally and recruiting wise down here in Texas.  Son is getting calls from schools not even on the radar a week ago, and we are visiting schools next week in the Northeast.  I have a couple of key incites that I read on here that I am prepared to impart to son, such as:  (1) go to school that you would have gone to even if you were not playing baseball, and (2) go where they really want you.  These coaches are really good at filling him up with information that makes them re-think (1), and I'm not sure what he is potentially hearing related to (2).  Not sure what my role is on these points other than make sure he is asking right questions and getting the answers he thinks he is getting.   

Heating up in TX.  Great!  I think you have it covered, and you are underselling your value to your son.  Understandably, most kids get big eyes when they visit well known schools or meet legendary coaches.   Sometimes keeping them focused and looking at the big picture is a tough job.  You'll do great.  Good luck!