Skip to main content

2014 College World Series....Who ya got?

With the double elimination format, there is going to be a lot of baseball played until June 23 or 24th.  Who's your favorite and darkhorse based on the brackets?   Here are the first series to kick the discussion off. http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1

UC Irvine vs Univ of TX

Louisville vs Vanderbilt

Texas Tech vs Texas Christian Univ.

Virginia vs Univ of Mississippi

Las Vegas Line:

VIRGINIA 7-2

VANDERBILT 9-2

TEXAS 5-1

LOUISVILLE 5-1

MISSISSIPPI 6-1

TCU 8-1

UC IRVINE 10-1

TEXAS TECH 15-1

I'll get the festivities started with my picks.  I've watched both Vanderbilt and Lousiville play a handful of times this year and they've impressed the heck out of me everytime.  I like Vandys starting pitching and Louisville's team speed.  Omaha's park is going to serve both of them well.  I watched UVA play a lot this year, and I think they've re-jump started their season and they are on an uptick right now.   I certainly like their chances again Ole Miss who is known for their power game....I don't see the venue serving Ole Miss well.  UVA would be my second darkhorse but Vegas (strangely) sees them as the favorite.  I think the toughest first round matchup is Vandy and Louisville.

Picking : Vanderbilt

Darkhorse: Louisville

Cheering for Virginia!

Best mascot - Tie between Anteaters and Horned Frogs! 

"I'm not a Republican or a Democrat.  I'm a member of the Cocktail Party." - Anonymous

Original Post