Skip to main content

Reply to "2015 Commitments"

redbird and SE DAD, I am not in any way diminishing the accomplishments of these players.  If the player is a good fit than great, but experience has been little different then yours or these players.  Here's what I have seen:

Coaches are recruiting players to win, (we can agreed on that), an what they see in young players is projection, sometimes doesn't work out.  Let me put different spin on this just for good discussion.  

Why would a young player want to go to a ACC/SEC school as freshman an never see the field, an possible not as a sophomore  . An if the players doesn't progress as projected by coaches never see the field. Also there could be a coaching change even before the player gets there, then what? 

Here is my advice to young players an even studs, go to good JUCO, get two years of proven college baseball under your belt an then go to the big D1 school an get a starting position. 

D1 are always looking at JUCO players, the main reason is they have good college baseball for the last two years, and can get right into their program an improve it and be starters.  Also when these 2015's are there every fall there will a class of JUCO recruits show up on day one to take there spots they thought they had.

I have seen this happen, I am sure parents can also chime in with story's of how they thought their player had worked into a starting spot to see the JUCO's arrive an take'em away.  Your thoughts.